- A BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university
- An academic record reflecting the ability to do graduate work at a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or above on a four-point scale
- Students with a GPA of a 3.0 or above from a previous institution do not need to submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. However, students with a GPA below 3.0 will need to submit GRE scores.
- International applicants from non-English speaking countries must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), now an internet-based test (IBT). International applicants must have a working knowledge of English and a score of at least 90 on the TOEFL, with at least 22 on each constituent part.
- A readiness for graduate study, including the capacity to meet the intellectual, ethical, and emotional demands of graduate school.
- A serious commitment to Jewish communal life, learning and values.
- An ability to engage in abstract reasoning, to think analytically and conceptually, and to formulate mature, independent judgments.
- An ability to speak and write clearly and articulately.
- Before filling out Application, Part 2, we recommend that applicants contact us to set up a conversation and/or a visit. We’d love to show you around campus, bring you into a classroom experience, set you up for a chat with a student and/or professor. This will help you learn if the Zelikow School is a great match for you (and USC, if you’re applying for a dual degree).
- This is the bulk of your application, which includes in-depth questions about your desire to pursue this professional degree. Once you have submitted Part 1, you will receive an email with login instructions for Part 2. You can return to edit this application at any time.
- This is your chance to share why this is the right place for you
- Long Essay, in no more than 7 pages, please cover the following topics: Personal Background, Jewish Identity, Academic Background, Work Experience, Professional Goals
- Short Essay: In no more than 3 pages, describe a major issue confronting the American or world Jewish community and explain why you think it is a problem?
- 4 Letters of Recommendation- there’s a link to the Recommender form in the application. Please include at least one from each category below.
- Academic: These can be college professors or instructors with whom you have engaged in serious academic study. If you have been out of school for 5+ years, adult or informal education instructors work too.
- Judaic: If you know a graduate of our school, this is a great place to include them
- Professional: This could be a supervisor (of paid or volunteer work)
- GRE scores (Only required for candidates with GPA below a 3.0 from a previous institution)
- Interview in-person (or via video conference) with a panel of Admisistrators, Faculty, Alumni and lay leaders from the Zelikow School. This helps us to assess who you are as a person, and allows you to present yourself “off the page”. This is also a chance to ask questions of various Zelikow School stakeholders.
Applications may be submitted now for Summer 2018.
For more detailed information on the application process,
contact Mandi Richardson at 213-765-2141 or email@example.com.
|Round||Online Application Submitted by||Interview Dates|
|One||October 27, 2017||November 8 & 9, 2017|
|Two||December 31, 2017||January 9 & 10, 2018|
|Three||February 16, 2018||March 6 & 7, 2018|
|Application Fee (discounts available)||$100|
|Enrollment Confirmation Fee||$200|
|Annual Tuition (before scholarships)||$24,500|
|Student Activity Fee||$25|